Monday, November 3, 2008

Tabbing and then what!

I got an email from an industry associate asking about something that this site had implemented and what was our opinion. In the process of looking at the issue I came across some other interesting tidbits.

Tabbing through the nav bar I noticed that when the tab hit one of the facet buttons the text contrast all but disappeared. Sure - it is now in contrast to the overall appearance of the other buttons but one would think that bold reinforcement of where you just landed might be a more appropriate action.

I only spent about 3 minutes on this site and found not only the problem above but another not-so-good design item. Once I had landed on the "Baby" button above I thought I would just tab through the other buttons. Well, apparently the designers didn't think I would want to do that so they moved the start of the tab process right up to the top of the page. So instead of continuing on I started over.

No comments: