Monday, October 6, 2008

I Have Control Issues


I was doing something at work the other day and was required to watch an on-line tutorial.


I had the link and got to the video quite easily. Then the fun began. I couldn't figure out how to start it. There was the usual Volume slider at the bottom of the page but no start/pause/stop controls.


After a little bit of non-intuitive searching I found them - not at the bottom where everybody else puts them but above the viewing area - this may not be the only time this has been done but it's the first time I've seen it.


Why oh why do some folks think that they can just move things because it suits their design layout strategy. Afterall they aren't the ones who are going to be playing the video. But of course we all knew to look way up there didn't we.


No comments: